On May 28, Join Facebook Canada and the DMZ to discuss how innovative technologies are transforming how people create and access news. The conversation will feature the finalists of the Digital News Innovation Challenge, moderated by Garrick Tiplady, managing director of Facebook Canada.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Registration and light breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 9:05 a.m. – Opening remarks
- Kevin Chan, head of public policy Canada, Facebook and Instagram
- Natasha Campagna, manager, DMZ Sandbox
9:05 a.m. – 9:10 a.m. – #CanadianInnovationWeek remarks
9:10 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Panel discussion on how technology is transforming how people create, access and consume news
- Garrick Tiplady, managing director of Facebook Canada
- Harleen Kaur, CEO of GROUND
- Ellen Hyslop, co-founder of The GIST
- Jeremy Klaszus, founder and editor of The Sprawl
- Armel Beaudry Tchemeube, CEO of Trebble FM
*Live outside of Toronto? We’ll be live streaming the event on Facebook! Sign up for the Digital News Innovation Challenge mailing list and be the first to know about the livestream and event updates.
Find out more about the program at digitalnewsinnovation.ca.